Messages to the Public
Spectacolor electronic sign
20 x 40 ft.
Text: Truisms, 1977–79
Times Square, New York
© Jenny Holzer, member Artists Rights Society (ARS), NY
A list with the names of the martyrs who died during the past sixteen days in the war on Gaza on the Rock of Raouché in Beirut, Lebanon.
swindledagain replied: Rebloggable please? c:
Par cours, ma cherie.I am now mildly interested in making a blog for roleplaying Bayformers Optimus based on your post that points out how deranged he can be. I’m not sure what this says about me.
If you have a Something Awful account, read this thread and let your mind explode when you realise what a MONSTER he truly is : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3507949&userid=165120
ramblingpandas said: Right now the paywall isn’t up over CD so you currently don’t require an account to read the thread.
The Original Poster is a newbie to Transformers media who decides to do a critical analysis of the Transformers Bay Movies. Along the way, she gets slowly inducted into the fandom, including toys, but never loses that air of freshness toward the entire enterprise. Using her outsider’s perspective she discovers the following things :
- Optimus is a liar.
- Optimus is a monster.
- Goddamn are these films dark.
- The films are actually subversively feminist (!) and use their disgusting portrayals of woman and minorities to shine an accusatory light on the audience.
- Along that same subversive feminist theme, women are compared to dogs, and Decepticons are compared to dogs. Bridging the two groups highlights Women and the Decepticons as the sympathetic, oppressed parties, kept in slavery by the Patriarchy (Autobots) who want to enslave and destroy their bodies, hope, and future.
- Then in Movie three, Megatron becomes a symbolic woman flat out and the connection of Women to Decepticons is just blatant. Not to mention that the Autobots embody many stereotypically male action hero traits and are held up as paragons of manliness, this cementing their link as the embodied males of the movies. Devastator and the Arcee triplets are the exceptions that prove the rule and are discussed.
- Seriously, all I’m saying here is just the TIP OF THE ICEBERG.
- Megatron’s status as a revolutionary figure and TRAGIC HERO is presented, detailed, and confirmed to such a startling degree that it becomes clear that the series is in fact a classic tragedy documenting Megatron’s fall from grace and his last sacrifices to save his uncaring people by becoming a legend, not a man.
- Also, there are babies, and they are starving and dying onscreen. Megatron starts to literally feed them his flesh in order to keep the next generation alive.
- You will learn about the philosophical concept of “the desert of the real” and see it applied by the films to highlight the decadence and delusion of the Autobots and main humans when compared to the plight of the Decepticons and other oppressed peoples.
- The films use the Chernobyl setting in a legitimate context to present Shockwave as a symbol of Atomic power and the cold war, like some Western Godzilla that is never adequately explored.
- Optimus is such a liar. SUCH a liar.
- The series actually delves into the ideas of the goodness of human (Cybertronian) nature, comparing the outlooks of the Bots and cons to answer the question of whether we are born evil, and if so, how to react to our own true nature. Nakedness is a recurring theme in the movies that ties in directly with this question and the theme of truth.
- There is already a non-canonical fourth Transformers movie starring tanker-truck Megatron and Astrotrain as bearers of Gnostic truth. Megatron uses tough love to try to separate man from machine and the machinelike life he lives. Plus other themes. You will be surprised how well it fits.
- You will also feel a strange mix of craziness and enlightenment by the end of the read. Your life will never be the same.
- Michael Bay is a genius.
- Or rather his cinematographers, prop designers, and script writers have worked together to perhaps accidentally create a work of genius.
- If you can, go read this thread. I only wish the OP had allowed it to be PDF’d.
And now the second thread is up, and the review is through. And it is just as profound and beautiful as ever.
The only TFP pairings I’m 100% NOPE on are ones with the children like Arcee/Jack or Airachnid/Jack because those robots are a bajillion years old and Jack is like 16.
I remember back in my livejournal fandom days I read someone’s journal entry where she said she couldn’t wait for Daniel Radcliffe to turn legal so she (an adult) could safely sexually fantasize about him.
Looking back that was pretty creepy.
the #1 worst thing about tumblr, hands down, is seeing a personal post get tons of notes and then some stranger is in your face talking about how what you wrote about your own life doesn’t apply to them and how dare you imply xyz or whatever
like you can literally say “i personally have experienced this and this is me writing about my personal experiences” and a hundred notes later someone is calling you an asshole for erasing their experiences
i don’t know if the best part of this post is the excruciating sexism or the metal gear solid in the corner
Imagine that they’re 80’s cartoon villains though. Chun Yan is the evil overlord and Mr. Honda is her second in command.
Chun Yan is like “you left me for dead!” in her most scary voice and Mr. Honda is making a “I gotta dash” face. And then Yong Soo is grinning to himself because he’s on Chun Yan’s good favor.
alien cyborg insect queen voiced by eartha kitt is still the one and only #look
Eartha also voiced yzma!!
do you have a land redistribution fetish
Kept doodling silly little cookie bots after that oreo thing hahah oops
OP and Bee are based on these